The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Docker host. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a Docker component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components ->Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Docker as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the Docker in Figure 1.
eG Enterprise provides monitoring support to Docker hosts on Linux platforms only, and not on Windows.
- In case you are monitoring the Docker in an agent-based manner, just pick an external agent from the External agents list box and click the Add button to add the component for monitoring.
On the other hand, if you are monitoring the Docker host in an agentless manner, then do the following:
- Select the Agentless check box.
- Pick the OS on which the Docker is running. This is Linux.
- Set the Mode to SSH.
- Set the Encryption type to Password and the Remote port to 22.
- Specify the name of the Unix user who is part of the docker group in the User text box. To know how to create a docker group and add a Unix user to it, follow the steps discussed in How does eG Enterprise Monitor Docker?.
- Specify the Password corresponding to the User.
- Select the Remote agent that will be monitoring the Docker. Note that the Remote agent you choose should run on a Windows host.
- Choose an external agent for the server by picking an option from the External agents list box.
- Finally, click the Add button to add the Docker host for monitoring.
Figure 2 : Adding a Docker component in an agentless manner
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 3.
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the Docker - Containers Performance test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 4.
- To know how to configure parameters, refer to the Monitoring the Docker Hosts chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.