Monitoring Web Health Externally
eG Enterprise offers a specialized monitoring model (Figure 1) that monitors health and availability of multiple IP addresses on the target server that hosts web applications/services from an external perspective, and reports useful metrics so as to proactively alert administrators to unavailability of connections, packet loss and delayed responses.
The layers depicted by Figure 1 are associated with various tests that report on key metrics, and answers the following performance-related queries:
- Is the target host system available over web?
- Is the TCP connection available to the host server?
- Is DNS server available to respond to the requests from the target server?
- Are TCP ports available for the target server?
- How quickly the TCP ports are responding to the target server?
- Is packet loss encountered during packet transmission to and from the target server?