How to Monitor eG Enterprise F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers?
eG Enterprise monitors the F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers using an eG external agent that is deployed on any remote host. This agent periodically polls the SNMP MIB of the F5 BIG-IP Load Balancer and fetching metrics related to the performance of the F5 BIG-IP Load Balancer.
Managing the F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover a F5 BIG-IP Load Balancer. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a F5 BIG-IP Load Balancer component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENTS page that appears next, select F5 BIG-IP as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify Host IP/Name and Nick name for the F5 BIG-IP component (see Figure 1). Then click on the Add button to configure the F5 BIG-IP component.
- When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears (see Figure 2).
- Click on the BigIp Pools test to configure it. To know how to configure the test, click here.
- Then, try to signout, now you will be prompted to configure the Device Uptime, Network Interfaces and TCP Statistics tests. Refer to Cisco Router
monitoring modelto know how to configure the Device Uptime and Network Interfaces tests.
- Once all the tests are configured, signout of the administrative interface.