Monitoring the BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
The eG Enterprise provides a specialized F5 Traffic Manager model. By periodically polling the SNMP MIB of the traffic manager, the eG external agent extracts useful metrics revealing the availability of the manager, the resource usage of the manager, the status of the pools managed by the manager, and more!
With the help of the metrics that are extracted by the eG external agent, the following questions can be answered easily and accurately:
- Is the LTM available over the network? If so, how quickly is it responding to requests?
- Is any network interface supported by the LTM consuming bandwidth excessively?
- Which is the faster network interface supported by the LTM?
- Is the CPU temperature very high?
- Are any disk partitions on the LTM over-utilized? If so, which ones?
- Has any chassis fan on the LTM failed? If so, which one?
- Is any chassis fan functioning at abnormal speed?
- Is the temperature of any chassis temperature sensor abnormally high?
- What is the current state of each pool configured on the LTM?
- Is any virtual server disabled currently? If so, was it disabled by the parent?