How to Monitor FTP Server Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the FTP server in an agentless manner. In order to monitor the FTP server, deploy a single eG agent on any remote Windows host. This eG agent continuously monitors the FTP server and determines the critical measures pertaining to its performance. To start monitoring the FTP server, first manage the FTP server using eG administrative interface. The procedure for achieving this has been detailed in the following section.
Managing the FTP Server
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the FTP Server in the environment and also lets you to add the FTP Server component if the server is not auto-discovered. The following steps explain you how to manage the server that is auto-discovered using the eG administrative interface.
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If a FTP Server is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE / UNMANAGE page.
- To manage the FTP Server component that is auto-discovered, follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- In the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page that appears next, select FTP Server as the Component type. Then, the auto-discovered components will be displayed under Unmanaged Components section.
Now when you try to sign out of the eG administrative interface, the FTP test which is an external test will show up as unconfigured (see Figure 3).
- On completing configuration, click on the Update button to save the changes and signout of the eG administrative interface.
- With that, test configuration is complete and FTP Server is finally ready to be monitored.