- If the layers below the FTP Service layer are in Unknown state, the internal agent may not be executing on the system where the FTP server is running.
If the FTP test is in an Unknown state, check:
- Is the external agent running?
- Has the FTP test been configured via the administrative interface?
- Have the parameters of the Ftp test been configured correctly?
- If the Network test is reporting results but many of the other tests are not, check if the internal agent is executing.
- If the System test, Disk test etc., are reporting measures, but the Network test is not reporting measures, check if the external agent is running.
- If the FTP test is reporting an availability of 0, but the server is actually running, the user name / password on the file names specified for the FTP test may not be correct / valid.