How to monitor Forefront TMG Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Forefront TMG in an agentless manner. For this purpose, a single eG agent is deployed in a remote Windows host. This agent communicates with the target Forefront TMG and pullout critical measures pertaining to its performance.
Managing the Forefront TMG
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Forefront TMG so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. remember that the components added manually will be manage automatically. To add a Forefront TMG component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Forefront TMG as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 2.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name of the Forefront TMG component (see Figure 2). Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
- Next, try to signout of the eG administrative interface, now you will be prompted to configure the Processes, Windows Processes and Windows Services tests. To know details on configuring these tests refer to Monitoring Unix and Windows Servers document.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.