eG Enterprise offers a dedicated monitoring model for GitHub which periodically monitors the repositories, the organizations and the events reported during various activities in a GitHub user account.
Using the metrics reported by the tests mapped to the layers, administrators can find quick and accurate answers to certain persistent performance queries, such as the following:
- What is the size of each repository?
- Is any repository populated with too many open issues?
- How well the storage space is being utilized in the target user account?
- How many private and public repositories are owned by the target user account?
- How many outside collaborators are added to the repositories of each organization?
- Were create/delete events performed in the user account?
- How many commit operations were performed in each repository?
Since the Web Server layer in the Figure 1 has already been discussed in the Monitoring Microsoft IIS Web Server document, the section to come will focus on the GitHub layer alone.