eG Enterprise monitors the HAProxy Server in an agentless manner. All that is required for this is a single eG agent on any remote Windows host in the environment. To start monitoring the HAProxy Server, first manage the HAProxy Server component using the eG administrative interface. The procedure to achieve this is explained in the following section.
Managing the HAProxy Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the HAProxy Server. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To add the HAProxy Server, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select HAProxy Server as the Component type. Then, click the Add button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- By default, the HAProxy Server is monitored in Agentless manner only. To monitor the server, specify the OS as Other and Mode as Other.
- Then, click on the Add button to add the component.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the HAProxy Information test to configure it. To know how to configure this test, refer to HAProxy Information Test
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.