To collect the useful statistics discussed above, the eG agent integrates with the following software components bundled with the HP Command View EVA software suite:
- HP StorageWorks Command View EVAPerf
- HP StorageWorks Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU)
While a few tests executed by the eG agent use the HP StorageWorks Command View EVAPerf tool, a few others use the HP StorageWorks Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU) for metrics collection. To ensure the hassle-free execution of these tests, the following primary pre-requisites are to be fulfilled:
The eG agent should be deployed on the same system as the EVAPerf and SSSU components mentioned above; to determine whether/not the EVAPerf component is installed on a target host, check for the existence of the following software components on that host:
- evapdcs.exe - EVA Data Collection service, which gathers data from the EVAs that are visible to a host and stores it in memory cache
- evaperf.exe - HP Command View EVAPerf command line interface
- evapmext.dll - DLL extension for Windows Performance Monitor, the graphical user interface
- EVAPerf - TLViz-Formatter.exe–EVAPerf TLViz Formatter user interface, which formats the HP CommandView EVAPerf all command output so you can view it with the HP TLViz tool.
- EVADATA.MDB - A Microsoft Access database template you can use to view the all command output in a database. The data from the command output resides in individual tables.
- MSADODC.OCX - This .le is required to operate the EVAPerf TLVIZ Formatter use interface
By default, these components will be available in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\EVA Performance Monitor directory on the host.
Similarly, you can be sure that the SSSU component has been installed on a host if you can locate the SSSU.exe file on that host.
- The SSSU utility should be configured with at least one array