How to Monitor HP Switch Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the HP Switch using an eG external agent on a remote host. This eG agent polls the SNMP MIB of the switch to gather the statistics related to the HP Switch at configured intervals. Before attempting to monitor the HP switch, ensure that the switch is SNMP-enabled. To start monitoring the HP Switch, manage the HP Switch component using the eG administrative interface. The procedure for achieving this is discussed in the following section.
Managing the HP Switch
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the HPSwitch. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring using eG administrative interface. Remember that the components added manually will be automatically managed by eG Enterprise. To manage a HP Switch component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENTS page that appears next, select HP Switch as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify Host IP/Name and Nick name for the HP Switch component (see Figure 1). Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears (see Figure 2).
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the CPU Utilization test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure these parameters, refer to the Monitoring the HP Switch chapter.
- Once all the tests are configured, signout of the administrative interface.