How to Monitor IBM Storwize v7000 Storage System Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the IBM Storwize v7000 storage system in an agentless manner. All that is required for this is a single eG agent on any remote Windows host in the environment. To start IBM Storwize v7000 monitoring, first manage the IBM Storwize v7000 component using eG administrative interface. The procedure to achieve this is explained in the following section.
Managing the IBM Storwize v7000 storage system
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the IBM Storwize v7000 storage system. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To add an IBM Storwize v7000 storage system, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select IBM Storwize v7000 as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 2.
- By default, the IBM Storwize v7000 storage system is monitored in Agentless manner only. To monitor the storage system, specify the OS as Linux and Mode as SSH. Specify the user who is authorized to access the OS in the User text box. The User so specified should possess Administrator role.
- Then, click on the Add button to add the component.
- When you attempt to sign out, you will be prompted to configure v7000 Traps test. Click on the test name to configure it. To know how to configure this test, refer to v7000 Traps Test
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.