The JVM Layer
The JVM layer measures the overall health of the JVM engine by reporting statistics related to the following:
- How well the CPU is utilized by the JVM engine?
- How well does the JVM engine manage memory?
- What is the uptime of the JVM engine?
- How many classes have been loaded/unloaded from memory?
- Did garbage collection take too long to complete? If so, which memory pools spent too much time in garbage collection?
- Are too many threads in waiting state in the JVM?
- Which threads are consuming CPU?
Figure 1 : The tests associated with the JVM layer