Enabling a TCP Port on the eG Remote Agent
By default, the remote agent, like any other eG agent, does not listen on any port. However, to be able to receive metrics from the Endpoint Agent, the remote agent has to be configured with a TCP port. For this, do the following:
- Login to the eG manager host.
- Edit the eg_tests.ini file (in the <EG_MANAGER_INSTALL_DIR>\manager\config directory, on Windows; on Unix, this file will be in the /opt/egurkha/manager/config directory).
- To enable the remote agent to listen on a port, set the RemoteAgentPortEnabled flag in the [AGENT_SETTINGS] section of the file to yes.
- To configure the port at which the agent should listen, specify a port number against the RemoteAgentPort parameter in the [AGENT_SETTINGS] section of the file. By default, this parameter will be set to 60010. If you want the agent to listen on a different port, change this port number.
- Finally, save the file.
- If the remote agent is behind a firewall, then make sure that you configure the firewall to allow one-way communication between the Endpoint agent and the remote agent, via the port specified against RemoteAgentPort.