Adding an Infiniband Switch
eG Enterprise can auto-discover an Infiniband Switch, and also lets you to manually add an Infiniband Switch component for monitoring using the eG administrative interface. The steps for manually adding the Infiniband Switch component are detailed below:
- Login to the eG admin interface.
Click on the Add Component button in the right corner of the Components at a Glance page that appeared (see Figure 1) or follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence.
- The Components page will then appear. In the Components page, select Infiniband Switch as the Component type and click the Add New Component button.
Figure 2 will then appear.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the Infiniband Switch component in Figure 2.
- Next, select the External agent that will monitor the target Infiniband Switch component.
- Finally, click the Add button to register the changes.
Once the Infiniband Switch component is added successfully, you will be again redirected to the Components page (see Figure 3). Using the options provided in the Components page, you can modify, unmanage or delete the newly added component. In addition, you can also configure the tests, set thresholds and maintenance policies, and change the IP address.
To collect the performance metrics, you may need to manually configure the tests that are mapped to the Infiniband Switch component. To configure the tests that need manual configuration, click on the icon in Figure 3. This will lead you to the Specific Test Configuration page where the unconfigured tests for the Infiniband Switch component will be listed in the Unconfigured Tests list box.
Figure 4 : Unconfigured tests for the Infiniband Switch component
- Now, click on any test to configure it. To know how to configure the tests, refer to the Monitoring Cisco Routers document. To view the performance metrics, switch to the Monitor tab.