Monitoring the IronPort AsyncOS Mail Server
eG Enterprise embeds a 100% web-based IromPort AsyncOS Mail monitoring model that monitors the critical hardware and services offered by the IronPort appliance, so that abnormalities are captured early and remedied promptly.
Figure 4 : Layer model of the IronPort AsyncOS Mail server
Each layer of the layer model is mapped to a series of tests that reports a wealth of performance metrics related to the appliance. These metrics can provide accurate answers for the following performance queries:
- Is there a CPU bottleneck on the appliance?
- Is the fan on the appliance running abnormally fast?
- Is there a memory shortage on the appliance?
- Is the power supply to the appliance faulty?
- Has there been a RAID failure?
- Is the temperature of the appliance very high?
- Are too many requests to the DNS server outstanding?
- Is the email queue full?
- Are there enough email threads to perform mail transfer?