How does eG Enterprise Monitor Local Director?
The eG Enterprise is capable of monitoring the Local Director in an agentless manner using the SNMP. The eG external agent periodically polls the SNMP MIB of the Local Director and fetching metrics related to the performance of the Local Director.
Managing the Local Director
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover a Local Director so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a Local Director component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- Specify Host IP/Name and Nick name for the Local Director as shown in Figure 1. Then, click on the Add button to configure the Local Director component.
Now, attempt to sign out of the eG administrative interface. Doing so will list all the unconfigured tests of the Local Director as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the Cisco CPU test to configure it. To know how to configure the test, refer to Monitoring Cisco Router .
- Then, try to signout of the eG administrative interfaces. This time, you will be prompted to configure the LD Real Servers and LD Virtual Server tests. Now click on the LD Real Servers test. To know how to configure the test, click here.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.