The Domino SNMP Agent configuration on Linux involves the following:
- Configuring the LNSNMP agent to work with the Master SNMP Agent that is provided with Domino on Linux
- Completing the configuration by starting the add-in tasks
Before attempting to configure the Domino SNMP agent, ensure the following:
- The Linux Master SNMP Agent provided with Domino should be properly installed and configured on the server. Refer to the steps discussed in the Installing and Configuring the Master SNMP Agent on the Domino Server
topicfor the procedure.
- TCP/IP and SNMP should be properly installed and configured on the server. Ensure that the Domino executable and the Domino data directories are in your search path.
- The Domino SNMP Agent is set up to run automatically. Once the Domino SNMP Agent is configured, it is virtually always running, even when Domino is not. If you later upgrade Domino, stop the LNSNMP process, before beginning the upgrade process.
To configure the LNSNMP agent, do the following:
- Login as the root-user.
- Stop the LNSNMP process. Enter this command: lnsnmp.sh stop
- Stop the NET-SNMP Master Agent by entering this command: /etc/net-snmpd.sh stop
- Start the NET-SNMP Master Agent by entering this command: /etc/net-snmpd.sh start
- Start the LNSNMP process using the command, lnsnmp.sh start.
Arrange for LNSNMP to be restarted after a reboot. Enter these commands:
- ln -f -s /opt/lotus/notes/latest/linux/lnsnmp.sh /etc/rc.d/init.d/lnsnmp
- chkconfig --add lnsnmp
- chkconfig lnsnmp on
After configuring the LNSNMP agent, start the Domino server add-in tasks such as the QuerySet, Event Interceptor, and Statistic Collector tasks. To achieve this, do the following:
- To support SNMP queries, start the QuerySet add-in task. Enter this command on the Domino Server console: load quryset
- To support SNMP traps for Domino events, start the Event Interceptor add-in task. Enter this command on the Domino Server console: load intrcpt
- To support Domino statistic threshold traps, start the Statistic Collector add-in task. Enter this command on the Domino Server console: load collect
Arrange for the add-in tasks to be restarted automatically when Domino is next restarted. Add quryset and/or intrcpt and collect to the ServerTasks variable in Domino’s notes.ini file.