Monitoring APP-V Management Server
eG Enterprise provides a 100%, web-based APP-V Management Server monitoring model that periodically checks the availability of the APP-V Management server, monitors the authentication of the server, monitors the APP-V database and reports its responsiveness for the requests received, and sends out proactive alerts to administrators if abnormalities are sensed in any of the monitored activities.
Figure 1 : The layer model of the APP-V Management Server
Using the metrics reported , administrators can find quick and accurate answers for the following performance questions:
- Is the APP-V Management Server able to communicate with the APP-V database i.e., the Microsoft SQL server database?;
- How long does it take for the APP-V database to respond to a request?;
- Is the database query execution successful? Is the database connection available?;
- Is the APP-V management server available and is it authenticated?;
- How many events were generated for the Publishing Admin Log and what are they?;
- How many events were generated for the Management Admin Log and what are they?;
- How many events were generated for the Publishing Operational Log and what are they?
The Hardware, Operating System, Network, TCP and Application Processes layers of the App-V Management Server monitoring model is similar to that of a Windows server model. Refer to the Hardware Monitoring by eG Enterprise to know more about the tests pertaining to the Hardware layer and the Unix and Windows Servers