How to Monitor Microsoft AppFabric Caching Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Microsoft AppFabric Caching in both agent based and agentless manners.
Managing the Microsoft AppFabric Caching
eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Microsoft AppFabric Caching. You need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a Microsoft AppFabric Caching component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Add the component manually using the COMPONENTS page (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify) of the eG administrative interface. Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
In the COMPONENTS page, select Microsoft AppFabric Caching as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name of the Microsoft AppFabric Caching in Figure 1. Then, click the Add button to add the component for monitoring.
Configuring the tests
The tests pertaining to Microsoft AppFabric Caching will be configured, by default. When you attempt to signout of the eG administrative interface, a list of unconfigured tests listing the tests requiring manual configuration, will appear (see Figure 2).
- The Processes, Windows Processes and Windows Services tests require manual configuration. To know the details on configuring these tests,
refer to Unix and Windows Server monitoring model..
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.