Managing the Microsoft Dynamics NAV
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Microsoft Dynamics NAV server. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Microsoft Dynamics NAV server component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Microsoft Dynamics NAV as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP, the Nick name and Port number of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV server in Figure 1. The Microsoft Dynamics NAV servers are monitored in both agentless and agent based manners.
- Then, click on the Add button to manage the Microsoft Dynamics NAV server.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Configure the Processes test, the Windows Processes test and the Windows Services test, one after another, using the guidelines mentioned in the
topics in theUnix and Windows Servers monitoring model.
- Once all the tests are configured, signout of the eG administrative interface.