Monitoring the Client Access Servers
eG Enterprise prescribes a specialized Microsoft Exchange CAS model for monitoring Client Access servers.
Each layer of Figure 1 reports critical performance metrics extracted from the Client access server, that enable administrators to answer the following questions easily and effectively.
- How efficient is the ActiveSync engine? Is it taking too long to process requests? How many requests to ActiveSync are still in queue?
- Were requests to the Availability service processed quickly?
- Were all connection requests to mailboxes serviced by the cache, or were any requests missed?
- What is the current session load on Outlook web access (OWA)?
- Does OWA respond swiftly to user requests?
- Does OWA take too long to complete search requests?
- Did any requests for web access fail?
- Is the Exchange web server responding promptly to requests?