Managing Microsoft FTP Server
The Microsoft FTP Server can be automatically discovered by eG Enterprise. Therefore, administrators can either auto-discover the Microsoft FTP Server in their environment or manually add the server.
To manage the Microsoft FTP Servers that are automatically discovered, follow the steps below:
- Login to the eG admin interface.
- If the component is yet to be discovered, then, run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discovery).
- To manage an already discovered component, follow the menu sequence: Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage/Delete.
Next, sign out of the eG administrative interface.
To add the Microsoft FTP Server manually to eG Enterprise, follow the steps below:
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- Next, select Microsoft FTP from the Component type drop-down and then click the Add New Component button.
When Figure 3 appears, provide the Host IP/Name of the Microsoft FTP server that you want to manage.
- Then, provide a Nick name for the component.
- By default, the Port number will be set as 21. If the target Microsoft FTP server is listening on a different port in your environment, then override this default setting.
- By default, the Agentless check box will be unchecked. The recommended monitoring approach to monitor the Microsoft FTP component is agent-based approach. Therefore, it is best to not alter the default setting. However, if you wish to monitor the target server in an agentless manner, the Agentless check box should be checked.
- By default, the Auto option will be selected against the Internal agent assignment field. This indicates that by default, eG Enterprise maps every configured IP/nick name with a separate internal agent. To manually define the IP-internal agent association, select the Manual option.
- Upon choosing the Manual option, an additional Internal agent list box will appear. From this list box, select the internal agent that needs to be associated with the IP of the component that is being added to eG Enterprise.
- Pick an external agent from the External agents list box and click the Add button to add the component for monitoring.