Managing the Microsoft Virtual Server 2005
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Microsoft Virtual Server. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Microsoft Virtual Server component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the Microsoft Virtual Server in . Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears.
Figure 2 : List of Unconfigured tests to be configured for the Microsoft Virtual Server 2005
- Click on the test names to configure. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring Microsoft Virtual Servers.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.