Knowledge Base Search
The Feedback History page allows you to view the details of fixes that are available for a chosen component, test, measure, and descriptor only. Administrators however, may require single-click access to the fixes related to all the managed components in the environment. They may also demand the flexibility to query the knowledge base for viewing only that problem/fix information that interests them. Therefore, to enable administrators to perform quick infrastructure-wide searches on the knowledge ase and view the fix feedback of interest to them, the eG monitoring console offers the knowledge base search page.
Figure 1 : The Knowledge Base Search page
To search the knowledge base using this page, do the following:
First, select a search criterion from the Search By list. The options are as follows:
- Component: Pick this option to view the details of fixes related to a single component or all managed components in the environment.
- Segment: Pick this option to view the fixes related to one/all components that are part of a chosen segment. Once this option is chosen, a Segment list appears from which you will have to select the segment to be searched. Upon choosing a segment, the Component list will be populated with all the components that are part of the chosen segment.
- Service: Select this option to view the fixes related to one/all components that are engaged in delivering a particular service. Choosing this option invokes a Service list from which you need to select the service of interest to you. Once a service is chosen, the Component list will be populated with all the components that support the selected service.
- Zone: Select this option to view the fixes related to one/all components that are part of a specific zone. If this option is selected, then a Zone list will appear, from which you will have to pick the zone of interest to you. Doing so will populate the Component list with those components that are included in the chosen zone and its subzones (by default). If you want to exclude the components in the subzones from the purview of your search, then, set the Include Subzones flag to No. This will ensure that the Component list contains only those components that are associated with the parent zone.
- From the Component list, select the component for which the fix details are to be viewed. Select All to view the fixes related to all components across the environment, or those that belong to a chosen service/segment/zone (as the case may be).
- Select the Layer to which the tests of interest to you are mapped. Pick All to view the details of fixes, regardless of layer.
- The Test list will then be populated according to the Component and Layer selections. To view fixes associated with all tests, select the All option.
- Pick the Measure for which you want to view the fix history. Select All if the fix information related to all measures is to be retrieved.
- Using this page, you can even search for those problems and/or fixes that embed a specified text string. For that, specify the string to search for in the Search text box, and indicate where the string should be searched - in the problem reason? the fix description? or in both. For that, select the Problem, Fix, or All options, respectively.
- Then, provide a Timeline for your search.
- Finally, click the Submit button.
The details of fixes that fulfill the specified filter criteria will then appear, as shown in Figure 2.
You can even modify the problem reason and fix by clicking on the Modify button. Figure 2 will then appear using which you can make the necessary changes.
Figure 3 : Modifying the problem reason and fix