Managing Mosquitto MQTT
The Mosquitto MQTT message brokers cannot be discovered automatically by eG Enterprise. Therefore, administrators need to manually add the Mosquitto MQTT message broker to eG Enterprise.
To manage Mosquitto MQTT message brokers using eG admin interface, follow the steps below:
- Login to the eG admin interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- In the Components page that appears, select Mosquitto MQTT from the Component type drop-down and then click the Add New Component button.
In Figure 1 that appears, provide the Host IP/Name of the Mosquitto MQTT message broker that you want to manage.
- Then, provide a Nick name for the component.
- By default, the Port number will be set as 1883. If the target Mosquitto MQTT is listening on a different port in your environment, then override this default setting.
- By default, the Agentless check box will be unchecked. The recommended monitoring approach to monitor the Mosquitto MQTT component is agent-based approach. Therefore, it is best to not alter the default setting. However, if you wish to monitor the target message broker in an agentless manner, the Agentless check box should be checked.
- By default, the Auto option will be selected against the Internal agent assignment field. This indicates that by default, eG Enterprise maps every configured IP/nick name with a separate internal agent. To manually define the IP-internal agent association, select the Manual option.
- Upon choosing the Manual option, an additional Internal agent list box will appear. From this list box, select the internal agent that needs to be associated with the IP of the component that is being added to eG Enterprise.
- Pick an external agent from the External agents list box and click the Add button to add the component for monitoring.
- Next, signout of the eG administrative interface.