Monitoring Mosquitto MQTT
eG Enterprise offers a special-purpose monitoring model for the Mosquitto MQTT message broker which helps administrators monitor the uptime and performance of the message broker.
Every layer of Figure 1 is mapped to tests that report the performance of the message broker. Using the metrics reported by the tests, administrators can find accurate answers for the following performance queries:
- What is the uptime of the message broker?
- Was the message broker was rebooted? If yes, how frequently reboots were noticed?
- How many clients were registered on the message broker?
- How many clients were connected to / disconnected from the message broker?
- How many subscriptions were subscribed on the message broker?
- How well data was sent from / received by the message broker?
- How well the PUBLISH messages were sent from/received by the message broker?
- How many PUBLISH messages were dropped due to inflight/queuing limits?
- How many messages were retained on the message broker?
Since all the tests mapped to the layers except the MQTT Broker layer have been elaborately discussed in Monitoring Unix and Windows Servers and Monitoring Cisco Router document, the section to come will discuss the MQTT Broker layer alone in detail.