Managing the NetApp Unified Storage system
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the NetApp Unified Storage system. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a NetApp Unified Storage system component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select NetApp Unified Storage system as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name for the NetApp Unified Storage system in Figure 1. Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the test names to configure. To know how to configure the test parameters and the metrics that the tests report, refer to Monitoring the NetApp Unified Storage chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.