How to Monitor the Nimble Storage Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Nimble storage using an eG external agent on any remote host. The external agent periodically tracks the SNMP traps and polls the SNMP MIB of the Nimble Storage to collect critical statistics pertaining to its performance.
The broad steps for monitoring Nimble Storage using eG Enterprise are as follows:
- Managing the Nimble Storage
- Configuring the tests
These steps have been discussed in following sections.
Managing the Nimble Storage
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Nimble Storage. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Nimble Storage component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Nimble Storage as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name for the Nimble Storage in Figure 1. Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
Configuring the tests
When you attempt to sign out of eG administrative interface, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2. This list reveals the unconfigured tests that require manual configuration.
- To configure the tests, click on the test names in the list of unconfigured tests. For the details on configuring the tests, refer to Monitoring Nimble Storage chapter.
- Once all the tests are configured, signout of the eG administrative interface.