Monitoring Nimble Storage
eG Enterprise provides a specialized Nimble Storage monitoring model (see Figure 3) to monitor the components of the Nimble Storage and report discrepancies arising in those components.
Every layer of the layer model is mapped to a variety of tests which connect to the SNMP traps and SNMP MIB of the Nimble Storage to collect critical statistics pertaining to its performance. The metrics reported by these tests enable administrators to answer the following questions:
- How many events were triggered for disk failures, fan failures, power supply failures, temperature failure etc?
- What is the I/O latency of the Nimble Storage?
- How well the read and write operations were performed sequentially and in random?
- How well each volume and disk of the Nimble Storage are utilized?
- How many read requests were catered successfully through the read cache?