Monitoring Nokia IPSO Firewall
eG Enterprise provides a specialized Nokia IPSO firewall monitoring model (see Figure 1) that enables administrators to continuously track the resource utilization and status of hardware components of the target firewall. In addition, administrators can also determine critical statistics on processes running on the firewall and the connections handled by the Secure XL.
Every layer of Figure 1 is mapped to a variety of tests which reports a host of metrics using which administrators can easily find quick and accurate answers to the following performance questions:
- How well the CPU is utilized by the firewall?
- What is the current status of each fan?
- What is the current temperature state of the firewall chassis and each power supply unit?
- What is the current status of the power supply unit?
- What is the CPU utilization of each process running on the target firewall?
- How much memory is utilized by each process on the firewall?
- Is the Secure XL feature enabled on the firewall?
- How many connections are added/deleted by the Secure XL?
The Network layer of the Nokia IPSO Firewall Model is similar to that of a Windows Generic Server Model. The tests mapped to the Network layer have been discussed in the Unix and Windows Servers monitoring model.