Managing a Nutanix Prism
eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover a Nutanix Prism. This means that you have to manually add a Prism using the eG admin interface. The steps to achieve this are as follows:
- Login to the eG admin interface.
From the Infrastructure tile of the Admin tile menu, select the Components -> Add/Modify option.
Figure 1 : Adding a Nutanix Prism for monitoring
If the Prism that you want to monitor is a Prism Central, then, against Host IP/Name, specify the IP address using which the Prism was installed and configured.
On the other hand, if the Prism that you want to monitor is a Prism Element, then, against Host IP/Name, specify the cluster IP address that is configured for communicating with the cluster that is managed by that Prism Element.
- Provide a Nick name for the Prism and enter the Port number at which the Prism listens. By default, the port will be 9440.
- By default, eG Enterprise monitors the Prism in an Agentless manner only.
- Set the OS as Nutanix and the Mode as Other.
- Pick a Remote Agent and an External Agent for the Nutanix Prism, and click on Add button to add the Prism for monitoring.