Managing the Quality Virtual Desktop
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Quality Virtual Desktop node so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a QVD node component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Quality Virtual Desktop as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the Quality Virtual Desktop server in Figure 1. Also set the Agentless flag to Yes, select Other as the OS and SNMP as the Mode. Then click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests to configure. For information on configuring these tests, refer to Monitoring the Quality Virtual Desktop Server Node.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.