The eG agent uses the RESTful APIs on the RHEV manager to report the outside view of performance of the VMs on the RHEV hypervisor. To be able to connect to the RESTful API, the eG agent should be configured with the credentials of a user with read-only access to the API. To create a read-only role and assign it to a user, do the following:
- Open the RHEV manager.
- In the top navigation bar, click Configure. The configuration window opens.
In the configuration window, click the Roles tab.
- To create a role, click New.
- In the New Role window, provide the name of the role. Select Admin as the account type and leave all the check boxes in the Check Boxes to Allow Action pane clear. Click OK.
In the configuration window, click the System Permission tab.
- To grant a user with the permission to access information about the virtual machines, click Add.
- In the Add System Permission to User pane, select the user to whom you want to grant the permission.
- From the Assign role to user list, select the role that you created in step 3 and click OK.