How does eG Enterprise monitor the UniVerse Database Server?
eG Enterprise monitors the UniVerse Database Server in an agent based manner.
Managing the UniVerse Database Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the UniVerse Database server so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To add a UniVerse Database server component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select UniVerse Database as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the UniVerse Database server in Figure 1. The UniVerse Database server is monitored in an Agent-based manner. Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For more details on configuring the tests, refer to Monitoring the UniVerse Database Server chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.