How does eG Enterprise Monitor the Ruckus ZoneDirector?
eG Enterprise is capable of monitoring the Ruckus ZoneDirector in an agentless manner. For this, a single eG agent deployed on a remote Windows host is required. This agent communicates with the Ruckus ZoneDirector via SNMP and periodically monitors the SNMP-MIB of the Ruckus ZoneDirector to pull out the metrics pertaining to its performance. The key pre-requisite for monitoring the Ruckus ZoneDirector is that the target Ruckus ZoneDirector should be SNMP-enabled.
To start monitoring the Ruckus ZoneDirector, you have to manage the component using the eG administrative interface. The following section helps you to manage the Ruckus ZoneDirector in the eG administrative interface.
Managing the Ruckus ZoneDirector
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Ruckus ZoneDirector so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Ruckus ZoneDirector component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Ruckus ZoneDirector as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the Ruckus ZoneDirector in Figure 1. Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears (see Figure 2).
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the AccessPoint Details test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring the Ruckus ZoneDirector chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.