If the target SAP ABAP Instance is installed on a Unix environment, then, execute the uname -a command to figure out the exact operating system name and the kernel bit version of the operating system. Using this information, proceed to locate the appropriate zip file for the operating system and the bit version of the eG agent.
Follow the steps below to download the SAP JCO connector files:
- Go to http://service.sap.com/connectors.
- Login with your service market place ID.
- Click on the SAP Java Connectors link.
- Click on Tools & Services.
Scroll down to the Download SAP JCo Release 3.0 section.
Figure 1 : Locating the Download SAP JCO Release 3.0 section
Locate the appropriate zip file for the operating system and bit version of the eG agent. For example, if a Windows 2008 64-bit agent is to be used for monitoring the SAP ABAP instance, choose the zip file link 64bit x86 under the Microsoft Windows and Windows Server: section.
Figure 2 : Downloading the zip file that corresponds to the operating system and bit-rate of eG agent
- Download the zip file to any location on the eG agent host.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to the same location.
If you have downloaded a Windows JCO 3 to a Windows agent host, then, from the extracted contents, copy the following files alone to the <EG_AGENT_INSTALL_DIR>\agent\lib directory on Unix, this will be the):
If you have downloaded a Unix JCO 3 to a Unix agent host, then copy the following files alone to the /opt/egurkha/agent/lib directory:
- If you have downloaded the Windows JCO 3, then remember that for it to work, appropriate Visual C++ runtime DLL files should also be installed on the eG agent host. For that, first go to the URL: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14431
- Click Download and choose the correct vcredist_<bit_version>.exe file as per the eG agent’s bit version.
- Execute the downloaded vcredist.exe file to install the appropriate VC++ runtime dlls.
- Restart the eG agent.