Managing SAP ABAP Instance
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the SAP ABAP Instance in the environment and also lets you to add the SAP ABAP Instance component if the ABAP Instance is not auto-discovered. The following steps explain you how to manage the server that is auto-discovered using the eG administrative interface.
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If a SAP ABAP Instance is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE / UNMANAGE page.
- To manage the SAP ABAP Instance component that is auto-discovered, follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- In the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page that appears next, select SAP ABAP Instance as the Component type. Then, the auto-discovered components will be displayed under the Unmanaged Components section.
Then, try to sign out of the eG administrative interface. Upon doing so, Figure 3 will appear listing the unconfigured tests for the SAP server.
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the ABAP Instance History test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 4.
- To know how to configure parameters, refer to Monitoring the SAP ABAP Instance chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.