How to Monitor Siebel Gateway Server Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Siebel Gateway server in an agent based manner.
Managing a Siebel Gateway Server
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the Siebel Gateway in the environment and also let you to add the Siebel Gateway component if the server is not auto-discovered. The following steps explain you how to manage the server that is auto-discovered server and how to manually add the Siebel Gateway using the eG administrative interface.
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If a Siebel Gateway is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page (Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage).
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE / UNMANAGE page.
- To add the component manually, follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Siebel Gateway as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the Siebel Gateway in . Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
Next, try to sign out of the eG administrative interface. Figure 2 appears listing the tests to be configured for the managed Siebel gateway server.
- Click on the Siebel Gateway Errors test to configure it. Refer to the Siebel Gateway Errors Test
topicto know how to configure this test.
- Then, signout of the eG administrative interface.