eG Enterprise monitors the SolidFire Storage system in an agentless manner only. To monitor the SolidFire storage system, a user with monitor role is required i.e., the account with which the user is created should be a Cluster Admin Account. To know how to create a Cluster Admin Account, refer to Creating a Cluster Admin Account.
Managing the SolidFire Storage System
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the SolidFire Storage system so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a SolidFire Storage System component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select SolidFire Storage system as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name for the SolidFire Storage System. The SolidFire storage system can only be monitored in an agentless manner. Therefore, the Agentless check box will be checked by default. Next, select Other as the OS and Other as the Mode.
- Then, click Add button to register the changes.
The SolidFire storage system so added will be managed automatically by eG Enterprise. Now, try to sign out of the user interface. Doing so, will bring up the following page as shown in Figure 2, which prompts you to configure a list of unconfigured tests for the target SolidFire storage system.
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the SolidFire Cluster Capacity test to configure it. Figure 3 then appears.
- To know how to configure the test, refer to Monitoring SolidFire Storage System.
- Finally, signout of administrative interface.