Java applications are predominantly used in enterprises today owing to their multi-platform nature. Once written, a Java application can be run on heterogeneous platforms with no additional configuration. This is why, the Java technology is widely used in the design and delivery of many critical web and non-web-based applications. eG Enterprise monitors the Java applications and proactively reports impending issues in real time.
Likewise, the JVM reports offered by eG Enterprise helps administrators historically analyze the following:
- The overall health of the JVM in real-time;
- The uptime/downtime of the JVM;
- Sudden spikes in memory usage over a period of time;
- The time spent on garbage collection by the JVM;
- The threads executing on the JVM and;
- CPU utilization of the thread types.
The forthcoming sections will elaborately discuss each report presented in this category.