To configure the eG Managers to work with the eG SuperManager, login to the admin interface of each of the managers configured for the SuperManager and then explicitly add the SuperManager. To achieve this, do the following:
- Login to the eG administrative interface as admin with password admin.
Follow the menu sequence: Admin -> Miscellaneous -> SuperManager Settings. Figure 1 will then appear.
In Figure 2, specify the following:
- ID of supermanager - Specify the name of the SuperManager or the IP address of the SuperManager to which the eG manager should report to.
URL to connect to the SuperManager - Specify the URL of the SuperManager which would be used by the eG manager to communicate with the SuperManager.
- IP(s) of supermanager ofr access validation - If the eG SuperManager and the eG manager reside in the same local environment but on different host, then the eG manager would be able to communicate with the SuperManager using an intranet IP. In such cases, provide the alternate IP of the SuperManager in the SuperManager Alternate IP(s) text box.
Clicking the Add button would add the SuperManager to the manager as shown in Figure 3.
The eG manager is capable of communicating with multiple SuperManagers simultaneously. Therefore, you can add multiple SuperManagers from an eG manager using Figure 2.
- You can even modify the SuperManager settings by clicking the button.
- You can even delete a SuperManager specification, by clicking the button against the eG SuperManager in Figure 3, that you wish to delete. If you wish to delete all the SuperManagers, then, select the check box against the ID OF SUPERMANAGER label and click the button.