How to Monitor UPS Using eG Enterprise ?
eG Enterprise monitors the UPS in an agentless manner. All that is required for this is a single eG agent on any remote Windows host in the environment. This agent periodically polls the SNMP MIB of the UPS and gathers metrics related to its performance. To enable the eG agent to collect metrics, you should enable SNMP on the UPS.
Managing the UPS
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the UPS so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a UPS component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select UPS as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the UPS in . Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears.
Figure 2 : List of Unconfigured tests for the UPS
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the UPS Lines test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure parameters, refer to Monitoring a Generic UPS chapter.
- Next, signout of the eG administrative interface.