How does eG Enterprise Monitor Unitrend Enterprise Backup Server?
eG Enterprise monitors the Unitrend Enterprise Backup server in both agent-based and agentless manners.
Managing the Unitrend Enterprise Backup Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Unitrend Enterprise Backup server. Therefore, you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Unitrend Enterprise Backup component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Unitrend Enterprise Backup as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name for the Unitrend Enterprise Backup server. Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
Now, when you attempt to sign out of the eG administrative interface, Figure 2 appears, listing the tests that need to be configured for this component.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests (see Figure 2) to configure it. To know how to configure these tests, refer to Monitoring the Unitrend Enterprise Backup Server.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.