To save the time and effort involved in manual service specification, eG Enterprise offers an easy-to-use auto-configure option in the form of a View/Configure button that is available next to the service name text box.
To auto-configure the services to be monitored, do the following:
Click on the View/Configure button next to the servicename text area in the WindowsServices test configuration page (see Figure 81).
The View/Configure button will appear only if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The WindowsServices test must be executed in an agent-based manner.
- The eG agent executing the test should be of version 5.2 or above.
- In case the eG manager in question is part of a redundant manager setup, then the agent executing the test must be reporting metrics to the primary manager only.
When the View/Configure button is clicked, a Windows services configuration page will appear (see Figure 82).
Upon clicking the Get Services button in the windows services configuration page, a pop up window with a list of services that are running on the host will be displayed (see Figure 83).
The services that have already been configured for monitoring will not be listed in Figure 83.
- From the pop-up, select the services that require monitoring and click the Submit button.
Clicking the Submit button in the pop-up will automatically populate the Windows service name text box available in the windows services configuration page, with the name of the chosen service (see Figure 84).
- You can add more services in the windows services configuration page by clicking on the encircled '+' button present at the end of the first Windows service name specification. To remove a specification that pre-exists, just click on the encircled '-' button that corresponds to it. The contents of the Windows service name text box can also be edited manually.