How does eG Enterprise Monitor Veeam Backup Server?
eG Enterprise monitors the Veeam Backup server in both agent-based and agentless manners.
Managing the Veeam Backup Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Veeam Backup server. This implies that you will have to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Veeam Backup component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Veeam Backup as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name for the Veeam Backup component. Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
- Now, when you attempt to sign out of the eG administrative interface, then a page appears, listing the Processes and Windows Processes tests requiring manual configuration. To know details on configuring these tests refer to Monitoring Windows and Unix Servers.
- Finally, signout of the eG admin interface.