How to Monitor WatchGuard Firewall Using the eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the WatchGuard Firewall in an agentless manner. All that is required for this is a single eG agent on any remote Windows host in the environment. This agent is capable of monitoring the performance of the firewall by periodically polling the SNMP MIB of the firewall.
Managing the WatchGuard Firewall
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the WatchGuard Firewall. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a WatchGuard Firewall component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select WatchGuard Firewall as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the WatchGuard Firewall component in Figure 1. Then click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
Click on the any test from the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the WatchGuard Connections Details test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure these parameters, refer to Monitoring the WatchGuard Firewall .
- Next, try to signout of the eG administrative interface, now you will be prompted to configure the Network Interfaces test. To know how to configure the Network Interfaces test, refer to Monitoring Cisco Router
- Finally signout of the eG administrative interface.