Monitoring the XUps
For this purpose, eG Enterprise provides a dedicated XUps Server monitoring model. By periodically polling the SNMP MIB of the XUps, the eG external agent collects a wealth of performance information pertaining to the device, and proactively reveals abnormalities (if any).
Each layer of Figure 1 is mapped to a variety of tests, each of which periodically polls the SNMP MIB of the UPS to retrieve a plethora of statistics revealing the overall health of the device. These statistics enable administrators to figure out the following:
- What is the current status of the UPS battery?
- How long would it be before the UPS runs out of battery?
- How much charge is left on battery?
- What is the bypass voltage of the UPS?
- What is the current external source of input power and source of output power?
- Did input power exceed tolerance level more than once?
- Is the output load of the UPS too high?
- Is the input voltage and current within prescribed limits?
- Is the output voltage and current within prescribed limits?