Configuring Redundancy for the eG Manager on Windows
To enable redundancy for a manager on Windows, a special batch file needs to be executed. This batch file, named setup_cluster.bat, resides in the <EG_INSTALL_DIR>\lib directory, and when executed, requests the following inputs.
The setup_cluster batch file will first request your confirmation to proceed with enabling manager redundancy.
Would you like to enable eG Manager redundancy y/n [n]? y
Specifying n here will terminate the script execution. If you enter y, then the following steps will apply:
Provide the IP (or hostname) and port number of the manager being configured.
Please enter the hostname (or IP address) of this host: 192.168.10.87
Please enter the port at which this eG Manager listens: 7077
- If an eG manager (primary/secondary) in a cluster supports only an IPv6 address, then its best that you configure redundancy for that manager using its hostname and not its IP address.
- If the eG manager is configured using the hostname, then ensure that cluster setup is also performed using the hostname only. Likewise, if the eG manager is configured using the IP address, then ensure that cluster setup is also performed using the IP address alone.
Next, you will be required to indicate whether SSL has been enabled for the manager being configured.
Please indicate if your eG Manager uses SSL y/n :[n] n
Press y to confirm SSL-enabling and n to deny it.
Next, indicate whether Network Address Translation (NAT) is used.
Please specify if you use Network Address Translation(NAT) y/n :[n] y
NAT facilitates multiple managers spanning geographies to communicate with one another. In such a case, specify y here. If not, enter n.
If NAT is used (i.e., if y is specified at step 3), provide the NAT IP (or hostname), using which the managers interact with each other.
Please enter the NAT IP/hostname:
Similarly, also indicate whether Port Address Translation (PAT) is used. PAT again comes into play only when the managers span geographies. In such a case, enter y. If not, press n.
Please specify if you use Port Address Translation(PAT) y/n :[n]y
If y is specified against PAT usage, then specify the PAT port number.
Please enter the PAT port: 8088
Then, specify y if the manager uses a proxy server for communicating with the other managers in the redundant cluster.
Please indicate if you would use proxy server for communications y/n :[n] y
If a proxy server is indeed used, you will then have to provide the IP address (or hostname) and port number of the proxy server.
Please enter the hostname of the proxy: 192.168.10.60
Please enter the port of the proxy: 80
Indicate whether further authentications for the proxy server are required, and if so, proceed to provide the user name and password to be used for the proxy.
Do you need authentication for the proxy? y/n [n]: y
Please enter the username to be used for the proxy: user
Please enter the password for user :
Please re-enter the password for user :
Next, state whether the manager being configured is to be set as the primary manager.
Is this a primary eG Manager y/n [n]? n
If the current manager is not a primary manager (i.e., if n is specified at step 10), then it means it is a secondary manager. Therefore, proceed to provide the IP address and port number of the primary manager with which this secondary manager communicates.
Please enter the hostname of the primary eG Manager: 192.168.10.59
Please enter the port of the primary eG Manager: 7077
- A target environment can have only one primary manager and one secondary manager.
- An admin user can login to the primary manager only.
- When running setup_cluster on a secondary manager, make sure that you specify the IP/hostname of the primary manager depending upon how you have configured the cluster in the primary manager. In other words, if when running setup_cluster on the primary manager, you have provided the IP address of the primary manager, then make sure that you provide the IP address only when setup_cluster prompts you for the details of the primary manager on the secondary manager.
Finally, indicate whether the primary manager uses SSL or not by specifying y or n.
Please indicate if your primary eG Manager uses SSL y/n [n]: n
Ensure that primary and secondary managers in a cluster use a separate database.