Manually Uninstalling the eG Agent
To manually uninstall the eG agent on Windows, do the following:
- Stop the eG Agent using the menu sequence: Start -> Programs -> eG Monitoring Suite -> eG Agent -> Stop Agent.
Open the Windows registry by typing regedit in the Run dialog box (which appears upon following the Start -> Run menu sequence), and clicking the ok button therein (see Figure 1).
Delete the selected entry by pressing the Delete key on the keyboard, and confirm deletion by clicking the ok button in Figure 3 that appears.
When the Find dialog box appears (see Figure 5), specify eG Agent as the string to search for.
- Then, click the Find Next button in Figure 5 to trigger the search.
Continue searching until the eG Agent entry present under the key indicated by Figure 6 is located.
- Next, delete the registry key by first selecting it from the tree-structure in the left pane of Figure 6, right-clicking on it, and choosing the Delete option from the shortcut menu that appears (see Figure 6). This will ensure that the eG Agent program no longer appears in the Add/Remove Programs list of the Control Panel.
Next, proceed to disable the eGAgentMon and eGurkhaAgent services. To do so, select the registry key corresponding to My Computer\hkey_local_machine\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\eGAgentMon, right-click on it, and choose the Delete option in the quick menu that appears (see Figure 7).
Similarly, delete the My Computer\hkey_local_machine\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\eGurkhaAgent key (see Figure 8).
- Likewise, delete the My Computer\hkey_local_machine\system\ControlSet001\Services\eGurkhaAgent and My Computer\hkey_local_machine\system\ControlSet002\Services\eGurkhaAgent keys.
- In the same manner, remove the My Computer\hkey_local_machine\system\ControlSet001\Services\eGAgentMon and the My Computer\hkey_local_machine\system\ControlSet002\Services\eGAgentMon keys.
- Deleting the registry keys corresponding to the agent services will only disable the services, and not completely remove them from the Services list. The eGAgentMon and eGurkhaAgent services will continue to appear in the Services list, but control operations (such as starting and stopping) can no longer be performed on them.
To remove the start menu items corresponding to the eG agent, right-click on the eG Agent option in the Start -> Programs -> eG Monitoring Suite menu sequence, and select the Delete option from the quick menu that appears (see Figure 9).
Finally, remove the following directories from agent installation directory.
If the manager is not installed on the same system as the agent, then the entire <EG_INSTALL_DIR> can be removed.